Natural sweetener- Honey, agave nectar, maple syrup and other forms of sugar are favored to be more natural or unprocessed than table sugar. If you are fond of eating sweets, then eat this instead of sugar.
1. Artificial sweeteners – Artificial sweeteners are synthetic sugar substitutes that are added to foods and beverages to make them taste sweeter.
Their use remains at risk of diseases like heart disease, high blood pressure, and sugar.
Artificial sweeteners have fewer calories and more sweetness. Such artificial sweeteners should be avoided as much as possible during pregnancy. Eating artificial sweeteners leads to obesity, weight gain, and hunger.
2. Honey- Honey should be taken instead of Sugar. Honey is not only good for the heart but it is also considered helpful in reducing weight.
3. Dates – Date paste can be used in kheer, cake, and barauni in place of sugar.
4. Brown sugar – Brown sugar for tea and coffee can be used. Many types of salts are present in brown sugar which work to increase immunity. They also protect against diseases.
5. Jaggery- Use jaggery for sweetness because jaggery is considered beneficial for digestion, asthma, and also for relieving cold and cough.
6. Coconut sugar- It is considered to be the best natural sweetener. It has a low glycemic index and is also rich in minerals. Coconut sugar is prepared from coconut juice and these days coconut sugar is easily available in the market.
7. You can use stevia instead of sugar. You can add it to your tea or coffee, lemonade, smoothies or add it to your yogurt.